Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our Comfort in Prayer

         In my everyday life as an 18 year old girl, I often feel like things are out of control, a lot of thing that happen are things that I can fix or change. I can be overwhelming. But in the midst of all I have found a great comfort, prayer. The truth that God is powerful and can fix and change thing is part of the comfort, but theres a whole other side of things. He is close, I am His daughter drawing near to her Father, I can share my burden on Him who knows me and cares for me. He allows me to come to Him in weakness, in sadness, in excitement and times of great joy. Most of all if I'm close to my Father, things don't matter as much. Yes there are things that matter, and always will until there answered, (salvation of people I love). But the little things, the little cares and worries, what makes me anxious. The love of Him cast out my fears, being close to Him make things seem small.
       We must run to Him, like a child run to there father when afraid, He embraces us. He says, cast all your burdens on Him. Nothing is to Heavy for Him." He has never refused to bear your burdens, he has never fainted under their weight. "
     
 "I love the Lord, because He hears
          My voice and my supplications. " Psalm 116:1
        
"Run to the place where your fears have no voice any more."


                                  With Love,
                                     Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment